Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This doesn't seem right...

That's what I thought after I cleaned my room today. I have a pink sheet on my bed, cute animal posters on my wall, and a pink radio I got when I was 5. the one thing that didn't seem right was that I have a girlish room, but often times I'm playing rock music on my pink hello kitty radio. It seems wrong. Very wrong. Oh! And I have a few stuffed animals here and there. All the more cute.

By the way, about my writing contest, post your story on your blog and send me the link

I was going to write more, but I forgot about what.

Oh! I remember...

I was doing science today (I'm learning pH, if you can even call it learning. You'll see what I mean in a second.) and I had to read some stuff. This is on paragraph:

...A mixture contains two or more different types of matter. How can you tell that a sample of matter is a mixture? Many products in your home, such as hand lotion and shampoo, have long lists of ingredients. An ingredient list ells you all the ingredients that are contained in a product. If an ingredient list has more than one ingreneint, the product is clearly a mixture!

How stupid do they think we are? This is a grade seven text book!!! They think we don't know what a mixture is? And they think that we don't know that if one thing has more than one ingredient in it, it's a mixture? I mean, really? I got a good laugh about that one.
And then there was this picture of a sieve. They asked how it worked. Are you kidding me?
Then there was this thing where it said : 'Pure gold contains only gold particles'. Well, duh!
And then there was four different pictures: A chunk of gold saying 100% gold, some coins saying 92% gold and 8% other metals, a locket that said 58% gold and 42% other metals, and a gold charm saying 50% gold and 50% other metals. You know what it asked? 'Which one of these objects are pure substances? Which are mixtures?' Oh, I'm clueless. The 100% is a mixture and the rest of them are pure substances. REALLY?

Okay, I'm done. I don't need to ramble any more. Although I might.

It's nice and sunny outside today. The neighbor asked me to let the dogs out and said I could take a look at the kittens if I liked. I brought out my camera and took a few pictures. I hope to post them soon. There eyes are opened and they move so fast now! No more wobbly legs! They're climbing around on the scratching post, hiding behind things and having play fights. So cute!

Kay, well, g'byes!

5 comments:

  1. Fixed the link thing in my latest post! :) You can now watch the etiquette videos!

    Yeah, but I asked you what is the exact defenition of...say...the internet, or sound, or guitars, would you know what to say? Or would you have to look it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said you wondered why they thought you were dumb. So I asked those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://icewolvesdomain.blogspot.com/2011/05/contest.html


    Contest entry! And yeah, I get that kind of crap a lot at school...

    ReplyDelete