Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm blogging (Wow, like, big news huh?)

Okay, I haven't blogged for...four days. And my last one was just a small up-date.

So, do you girls like my contest? (I'm waiting for more enteries...=)

By the way I'd like to thank Shimmer the Cat for following my blog! (Hey, when you only have 6 followers every follower counts!) BTW, did some one tell you about this blog or did you just happen to stumble upon my small, random, abode? :) (I'm in the middle of a contest, so if one of my followers sent you, they get a point.)

The day after I was at Maddy's I had the itch again. It was terrible! My mom thinks it was either dry skin or an allergic reaction. To what? I'm 12 and all of a sudden I'm allergic to something? I couldn't think of what it could be. Any way, now it's gone.

I started writing that story I was talking about! Here it is:

(It doesn't have a name yet)

Milo
I walked happily down the sidewalk, my tail waving proudly in the air. Children shopping with their parents pointed at me as I strutted down the busy street.
Most cats didn't like the city and preferred to stay deep in the woods of the nearby park, but I was an exception. I didn't mind a little noise. Truthfully, I liked humans. I wasn't one who liked to be alone.
"Hey! Milo!" Truett, one of my best friends, hissed from under a bus stop bench. "Get over here!" I sighed and with a roll of my eyes I trotted over.
"What?" I asked coolly, lowering my head to the height of the dwarfed Russian Blue's nose.
"What are you doing here?" He hissed again. I was surprised at the little kitten. Usually he was the one taking the risks.
"Taking a walk. What does it look like?" I laughed a little and pushed him over.
"Don't you know it's dangerous? The Elder Cat is always telling us not to walk out in the open with the humans. We could-" He scrambled to his feet. "Look out!"
Before I could turn around, strong hands gripped firmly around my belly. I let out a terrified mew as a man carried me to a truck and shoved me into a crate. I heard him slam the door and start the engine. I tried to hold onto the slippery plastic floor as I was carried away and shuddered as the truck sped along the street.

AutumnBeep! Beep!
The loud alarm of my clock echoed in my ears.
"Great." I muttered as I punched the' sleep' button. "It's Saturday and I forgot to turn off the alarm"
I slipped out of bed and walked on my tip toes to the kitchen. My mom said that I was like a cat, walking like that. My dad said it was disrespectful. My friends said it was a teen thing. I didn't even know why I did it.
I grabbed a sandwich from the table and hurried to the basement. "Don't crumble on the floor!" My mom called after me.
"I wont!" I called back. "Me and Chico are going for a walk!" I grabbed my dogs leash. "Come on Chico!" As I looked over at my silly beagle I wondered why he didn't come running to me like he usually did.
"Come on, lets go." I walked over to him, lying on his bed. "We haven't got all day." Suddenly my heart shattered into a million pieces. I bent down beside his limp body. "Chico." I ruffled his soft fur. I laid my hand on his still chest. A large tear rolled down my cheek. "Oh, Chico." I whispered and hugged my best friend around the neck. I pressed my face into his fur.
"Autumn, I thought you were-oh, Honey." My mom took me in her arms and I cried. Me and Chico had been friends as long as I could remember. Now he was gone.

TruettI watched in horror as Milo was carried away. My heart beat didn't slow down as I hurried to the forest, my home. I burst into the clearing were the rest of the Forest Clan were. Heads turned as I stumbled over to the Elder Cat. I rested and caught my breath as he looked at me, seemingly amused. His normal expression. His men stared right through me.
"Speak." Elder Cat said, lifting his head high and pushing back his shoulders.
"Milo," I gasped. "She, got taken."
I heard gasps of surprise and terror as the news soaked in. Hunters dropped their catches and kittens stopped their play. Mothers automatically trotted over to shield their babies. Elder Cat's proud expression melted away. Then he just grunted and turned his back on me.
"Well-aren't we going to do any thing?" I asked, concerned for my friend.
Elder turned and looked at me. I thought I saw a twinkle of admiration as he smiled soberly.
"There's nothing we can do." With that he walked off into the thicket. His two men followed.
I stared after them. Anger filled my heart, but I knew he was right. There was nothing we could do. I might never see Milo again.

MiloI shivered and pressed farther back into my cage. For the first time in my life I felt truly afraid. I had heard of cats going to the pound, but never dreamed that I would be one of them. Many cats that 'got taken' were never seen again. I had heard many stories of those that had been taken, many died, others went to terrible homes, many were never heard of.
Some were fortunate enough to return home, some dying only days later. Some had survived though. I hoped I was one of them.
I had new smells. A new surrounding. But my curiosity had deserted me. I no longer wanted to strut around. I didn't want to explore. I just wanted to go home.

Seth"Milo?" I asked, frantic. Milo had got taken? But how? "Are you sure it was Milo?"
"No, Bucky." Truett rolled his eyes. But I could tell he was worried. "Of course Milo. That's what I said, that's who I talked to."
I paced as I turned the news over in my head. Milo, my best friend in the whole world, was gone. I wished I knew what I could do, I wished I could help her. But I didn't know where to start. I didn't even know where the pound was. I sighed in frustration and worry.
"Well, what did Elder say?" I said turning to face him.
"Well..." He shifted his weight from one set of paws to the other.
"What?" I demanded.
Truett paused. "There's nothing we can do."
I stared in disbelief at my friend. Sadly I returned to my home sheltered in the grass.

AutumnI walked quietly down the school hallways. I weaved in and out of chattering students. Sunday had past slowly. I still could barely contain my tears at the thought of Chico, my faithful friend for twelve of my fifteen years.
I squished into the "in" crowd. I didn't know whether to consider myself lucky or not to be with the most popular girls in school.
The other girls grudgingly moved over to give me room.
"So I was like, of course!..." Sydney babbled on and pretended not to notice me as I stepped into the circle. I could have been breathing in her face and she wouldn't notice.
"Autumn! Quit breathing in my face!" Okay, maybe she would. Even though I was already three feet away I took a step back.
"So, what's new with you?" Victoria finally asked.
"Nothing..." I whispered uncomfortably. "My dog died."
"Oh Aussie!" Sydney used my "pet" name. "How terrible!"
I knew she didn't mean it.
"I've had my pet hamster die before." One girl said, not to me.
"Oh, Princess Frou Frou was so adorable!" Another chimed in. Also not to me.
"Princess Frou Frou?" I thought. "Who names their pet hamster Princess Frou Frou?"
The other girls walked off to class, once again leaving me behind.

MiloI nibbled at the dry food the humans had given me. I didn't know if I should be grateful or not. I would have gone for a nice mouse any day. I had been cooped up in my stuffy cage for days now. Some times left in complete darkness, other times a bright light sneaked its way into my lonely cage.
I looked up in surprise as the cage door was slowly opened and a hand reached in. I cowered in fear in the far corner. I had lost my trust in humans. I flinched as they wrapped around me. I was surprised to find them gentle and they lifted me gingerly from the ground.
I blinked as my eyes adjusted from the darkness of the cage to the brightly lit room of the pound. I looked up at the lady that held me so carefully. She held me close to her and I started to purr as she stroked my head and brushed her hand along my back.
She was talking to another man.
"She's so cute and gentle." She said to him. I supposed they were talking about me.
"Yeah, she's a beauty alright. We found her in near the park."
They talked on and on. I surveyed my surroundings. Many cages like my own lined the walls. Dogs barked in another room and tasty looking birds chirped in their cages. I looked in sadness at the other cats that had stumbled upon this misfortune. A little Tabby kitten curled up in a corner. A big Persian looked sorrowfully out of his cage.
"I'll take her then." My attention turned back to the humans as the man took me from the lady and placed me in another cage. I wondered what they could be doing to me now.
As my new cage began to move, I wondered where I might be going next. I was glad that this cage was lined with old towels. I curled up in the far back and fell asleep.

That's as far as I've written so far, how do you like it?

3 comments:

  1. I've categorized all my entries.
    I'll read your story more thorougly later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scezzle,
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to reading your stories yet! I have been really behind in my schoolwork and as a result my blogging has suffered somewhat as I try to catch up! I read the first chapter of your silver moon story and hope to finish the rest of it soon! I will give you a fuller critique asap.
    ♥Mattie

    ReplyDelete