Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Short Stories

I have wrote two stories with no talking, and no plot. Instead, I was practicing describing things without boring the reader. I'm only posting one, cause I'm still editing the other. Tell me how I did:



Silent Night
(This has nothing to do with Christmas.)

A full Moon hung high above the forest, it's ghostly light playing over the tree tops. The only sound that was heard was the soft whisper of the trees. Suddenly there was a rush of wings and a scurry of paws as an owl found its midnight snack.
After an eerie hoot, all was still again. Stars sang a silent song as they twinkled overhead. The purest snow began to  fall steadily from the black sky. A chilly wind swept up and the snow swirled around. The trees bent their heads low, their whispers beginning to sound more desperate. The screech of a bat was lost in the moan of the blizzard. The snap of an old tree was barely heard as its long life finally ended, brought down by the threatening winds. A raging river leaped over the rocks, spraying freezing water into the biting air.
As suddenly as it started, the storm ceased. The wind died to a faint whisper and the trees stood tall and proud. The river flowed smoothly, running gently along the shores. A mournful howl pierced the frosty air as a wolf continued its lonely journey.

I'll post the other one as soon as I finish it.

Two days ago, sunday that was, we watched the 4th (1st, for you old timers;) star wars movie: A New Hope. Atleast, I think that's what it's called. Out of the first four that I've watched so far, I like the fourth best. That's about it. I hope we can watch the 5th (2nd) tonight.

May the Force be with you. :P :)

2 comments: