Thursday, April 14, 2011

Second Short Story

Well, here it is. I finished it. Tell me what you think.



Spring and Dance

The sun was setting low in the horizon, sending golden rays through the sky. A little girl ran over the lush, grassy hills below. A flowery sun hat sat atop her head, shielded her dark blue eyes from the bright sun. She carried a wild flower in her tiny hand. the only sound was that was heard was the thumping of her small feet and the twittering of birds. She began to twirl to their song, and the long grass danced with her, swishing in the soft breeze. The little girl's pink dress twirled with her as blue birds joined in the song. Her golden curls bounced softly on her shoulders as she skipped. The reflection of the sunset was lost in ripples as the child hopped through them. The sun disappeared behind the hills and its light faded. The birds song quieted and they flew through the air, headed home. The girl also skipped home as her mothers voice rang out. The whisper of the grass was the only hint that it had ever happened.


I used to try and keep a journal. After 2 and a half, I quit. I hated it. I wrote something, then it would seem boring or selfish. My mom burned one of her journals. Used it as a fire starter. Ha ha.
Now, I find, that writing journals are much more fun and useful. So far, I've started one. It has cats on it and it's missing quite a few pages. But that's okay. I have a million more notebooks in a drawer. ;)

It snowed this morning. A little. Then it melted. I wish it were sunny again. It has been on and off for the past week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment