Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gymnastics

Yesterday my junior youth went to a gymnastics gym. It was lots of fun! I hadn't been there for years, but not much had changed--except that I couldn't do alot of things I used to do. :)

First we ran 5 laps around the gym, then did stretches. Then we played a small game of soccer. After that we split up into 3 groups; one went to the tramp and bars, the other went to the rings and this..jumping thingy, the last went to the bars and floors. Then we switched, and switched again. Then we had free time!!! SO FUN!!!
My favorite things were the foam pit, tranp, and the...jumping thingy. (You'd run, jump on to a bouncy thing, jump onto a small tramp, and onto this platform thing (I know all the special words) then I'd do a flip off into the foam pit!) I did my first:
  1. back flip (Without the help of a coach or bungee cords)
  2. Front flip landing on my feet. (I used to always land on my bum)
  3. And I think I did another 'first something'.

Anyways, that was alot of fun. Ias very happy to hop in the shower at home. I felt so dirty and sweaty. :)

Now I have this weird sore on my foot that showed up after gymnastics. It's sort of like my toe was rubbing really hard against the other and made a blister or something. Weird.

I have a slight cold, which is really annoying, because I have to blow my nose every few minutes. If you'll excuse me, I need to find a Kleenex right now.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish I could've come! Do you like my idea for a title for your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my comment on my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the subject of a 'Tall Girl',
    If I look straight ahead, I can't see my friends. Ha ha ha!!! I see over there heads! Once I did that. One of my friends tapped my on my shoulder. Thinking it was my older brother (We're about the same hight) I turned around and looked OVER her head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to finish the "Howl of the silver moon" story?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying, any ideas? (For those questions at the bottom of the page.)

    ReplyDelete