Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Devo With No Real Topic

I just wanted to talk to you about... things. Things surrounding prayer. Important things.

Prayer is our way of communicating with God. If you grew up in a christian home, prayer is probably some thing you do regularly. My family does it before meals and before bed. We pray at church too.
But one thing I've realized, is that some times when I pray, It's kind of like its still fake. It's still pretend. We just are praying to some thing because that's what we've been taught, that's what we've grown up doing, that's what we've been taught to do. Not that we don't believe that God is real, but we're praying to nothing, kind of. Like, for example, when we sin, do some thing bad, isn't it easier to confess to God than our parents. I realize that, when we confess to God, it's kind of like "oh, yeah, I sinned, can you forgive me god?"
But when we have to say it to some one, It's hard. We actually have to put flesh on the person we're talking to, we have to look them in the eye, there's eye contact. I wish it wasn't like that, I mean, Don't you think it should be harder to confess to God, the judge over all, than to confess to a person? Some one who's opinion doesn't matter at all?
When we pray, we thank God for things, ask him for things, and other stuff. But when we do it, it's like we're just praying to nothing that might actually do some thing for us. But some times we don't expect much of an answer. We just hope that MAYBE God might do some thing. 'Cause God doesn't always answer our prayers. It's just some one we believe in and might help us once in a while, take care of us.
And some times we expect things we shouldn't. Like when some thing bad happens, we might say "Why did you do that Lord?" or "Why did you let that happen?" We expect things that we shouldn't. We expect that if we believe in God and follow him, he'll make sure bad things don't happen, that we'll have a perfect life. That's not what it's like. God is here to protect us, help us, save us, but more spiritually than physically, I think. (As in, my opinion, not, "I'm not sure")He saves us from our sins. He's not JUST there to help us on earth, not that he wont help you, he loves us and wants us to live a happy life on earth. But if we didn't know the opposite of happiness, we wouldn't know happiness at all. God allows bad things to happen for reasons we don't, and may never, know. The world is full of sin. That is why bad things happen. It's our own sin that affects us, affects others.

This Devotion has gone to many topics and all over the place, but I hope you got the main idea.
Even though there isn't one. I think most of this revolves around prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment