Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ode to One Fine Dinner (Poem)

Okay so as you know I suck at poetry, but I love it so I try anyway. I also had to do a poetry unit for school and I had no idea what to write so I just took a bit from a poetry inspiration website and a bit from my own experiences and ended up writing probably the best poem I have ever written in my entire life. It's still horribly imperfect, I practically took a butcher knife to grammar, and there are structure holes everywhere, but here it is:


Ode to One Fine Dinner

Eskimos dwell in the frigid north
Said the lasagna, come steaming forth:
“Together we live in ice and storm
Let me keep you sheltered and warm.”

Asked the eskimo: “Are you quite sure?”
Nodding, the pasta did reassure:
“Snug and toasty, my dear eskimo,
Tucked tight between fine oregano.”

The eskimo then donned, like a coat,
The lasagna, which soothed his sore throat
But when he became hungry, he then
Couldn’t help it—he ate up his friend

Now the eskimo, cold and alone,
Stands in alaska: frozen like stone
While high above in meaty sauce cloud
Lasagna dances and sings aloud.

- Inspired by my father, who said the other night as we all burnt our tongues: "Eskimos should wear lasagna."

No comments:

Post a Comment