Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"I want to see everything now."

And today I took one step further down that railroad tack of life. I had to do an art project for school and I've always wanted to do a sort of digital collage so for this assignment I had to do some form of art related to the book study I'm doing on 'Fahrenheit 451.' (It's a great, classic, thought-provoking short read. I highly recommend it.) So I kind of wanted to do a digital mash up for one of the scenes from the book and add a little quote and keep in mind this is the first time I've really done something like this so I just picked out a couple images:




And just sort of mushed them together the best I could using Pixlr Express, touched it up a bit, added tons of layers and filters and adjusted the lighting, etc. etc. I think it took me a little over an hour. And in the end I came up with this:


Now for a suitable quote:



I selected this quote from pages 161-162:
"Montag looked at the river. We'll go on the river. He looked at the old railroad tracks. Or we'll go that way. Or we'll walk on the highways now, and we'll have time to put things into ourselves. And someday, after it sets in us a long time, it'll come out our hands and our mouths. And a lot of it will be wrong, but just enough of it will be right. We'll just start walking today and see the world and the way the world walks around and talks, the way it really looks. I want to see everything now. And while none of it will be me when it goes in, after a while it'll all gather together inside and it'll be me. Look at the world out there, my God, my God, look at it out there, outside me, out there beyond my face and the only way to really touch it is to put it where it's finally me, where it's in the blood, where it pumps around a thousand times ten thousand a day. I get hold of it so it'll never run off. I'll hold onto the world tight someday. I've got one finger on it now; that's a beginning."


No comments:

Post a Comment