Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Oblivion (Here We Are)

For English 11 I had to write an original short story, once again, much like the time not long ago when I wrote Starlighter. However, this story is much, much longer and it took much, much longer than just a few hours to write.
I had a mighty amount of trouble (first of all) deciding what I was going to write. I had zero (Nothing, nada, zilch.) ideas that were either worth writing or held some sort of plot. "I know!" I thought to myself. "I'll just continue one of the stories I've already started writing. That'll be easy!" So I set to it.
First I tried continuing Mint and Zoey, which ended with me simply changing a few words here and there and editing and more editing and really not furthering the story a single sentence.
The I tried Ivy and Thornfinger. How wonderful! I thought. Such a lovely pair will surely be easier to continue. I actually got much further than before, until I met with a plot hole the size of a bottomless chasm and was forced to an abrupt halt.
What now? I had wasted time doing useless work and creating book covers for said work. Hurrah.
Last one. Forgotten. I finally had a short story with a definite ending (though I can't promise you it's a cheerful one.) that I would actually be able to write with some accuracy. I spent many days continuing it, renamed it somewhere along the way, and finished it not long ago.
Here We Are.
Finally.
Now go read it and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment