Monday, August 15, 2011

Banana Eating Chipmunks!

No, this post has nothing to do with banana eating chipmunks.

It's about a dream I had.

But I would not be surprised if it would have had something to do with banana eating chipmunks.

Out of this dream, I have decided to write a story. Here's the prologue:



Prologue

Twilight. It is found a mystical thing indeed. Some people find it rather scary, and in truth, it is. I will tell you why soon enough. But many others, myself included, find that it takes hold of their curiosity and draws them nearer. It beckons to you.  It pulls you in. It captivates you. The reason it is rather frightening, is because of its character, so to speak. It has a sense of calmness, yet your body is tense and alert when entering places that are forever in Twilight. Most people have never seen such places. That is because they are hidden with great care. And there is only one such place--that is known to me, anyway. I have not heard of any other place, nor stumbled upon any place quite like Twilight Forest.

Rays of beautiful twilight, in the most intriguing shades of peach and turquoise, shone through the leaves of trees the size of skyscrapers. It wrapped around sparkling boulders and cast eerie shadows. In the darkness of one shadow, on the great leaf of a fern, lay something curled snugly in a ball. It was no larger than one foot across, curled up like it was. It scarcely moved for hours on end, but finally with a small whimper it slowly hovered off its resting place. Now that it was up you could see that it was black, with a turquoise under belly. Its body was much like a humans, but rather more…short and stout. It had the ears of an elf and slick, jet black hair that fell to its waist. From its back sprouted the large wings of a dragonfly. It blinked its glowing orange eyes, as if suddenly realizing something and with a loud, low cry it shot off into the bush.


Needs serious work. I have no idea what happened to my style. Maybe its because I just read Pride and Prejudice and now their Old English is evolving into my writing. I gotta work on it.

3 comments: